Subject: Re: [emergency] Successful Emergency Management IPR Transition Ballot

I also participated in the conference calls in which the IPR transition
policy was discussed and approved.

If anyone is interested, there is a great editorial on standards, IPR, and
IPR policies http://consortiuminfo.org/ipr/ . This editorial was written
by Andy Updegrove, an internationally recognized guru on IPR policies for
use by standards bodies/consortia. He is also OGC's legal counsel :-)

Anyway, all the work of the OGC to date has been RAND-RF. The OGC IPR
policy does not even recognize the the use of RF-Limited for the reasons
that Rex has pointed out.

Cheers

Carl