Subject: Re: [emergency-msg] Confirmed: Thurs. 10/5 @ 4:30 ET [emergency-msg] Date/Time final HAVE review

I will be in a meeting all afternoon.

However, an update on the GML profile for use in OASIS.  We had a meeting
of the GML Working Group at our OGC TC meetings and worked through the
definition of a schema. More work is required. However, there was the
question of how to specify the namespace. The OGC recommended way to to
use the ogc/gml namespace. There are reasons for this. But, it is possible
to decouple the GML schemas from the GML namespace if required. The
downside of this latter approach is that applications that can ingest full
GML will not recognize the GML payload being processed. This may not be an
issue for a simple GML profile. The other question from the group was
about where the schemas should reside. FYI, the OGC maintains a schema
repository. This is more an issue of who will be responsible for the long
term maintenance of the GML profile for OASIS.

So, we need some guidance from this group. Perhaps this could be discussed
a bit today.

Thanks and regards

Carl