Subject: Re: [emergency] FW: Draft Report of WG "Emergency Management" - YOUR INPUT IS REQUIRED

Good points and Eliot made some too along these lines.  We'll discuss it on the call today but I am in favor of us identifying these and making sure they are aware they exist.  Talk with you soon.  Elysa

At 10:29 AM 11/14/2006, Carl Reed OGC Account wrote:
Elysa -

Thanks for sharing this document. I find it very interesting that the initial cut of this document is lacking of current EC or European national gov funded initiatives for  the risk and crisis management (EM) domain in Europe. They do reference the other OASIS (fp6) but there is no mention of GMES, INSPIRE, ORCHESTRA, GITEWS, EU-MEDIN, PREVIEW or WIN.

How do we go about providing more input into this group so that they do not work at cross-purposes with all of the other ongoing EM realted work in European community - most of which is already well coordinated?

Cheers

Carl

----- Original Message -----
From: Elysa Jones
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:40 AM

Dear EM-TC members,  Please see the following dialog and report by the European Commission with respect to "Risk, Disaster and Emergency Management."  We have been asked for input but there is no time to respond by their deadline.  I would like, however, for us to respond - even if after this date.  I would like for us to discuss this on the call today if possible.  Thanks, Elysa