Subject: FYI: Briefing for Academy report Successful Response Starts with a Map: Improving Geospatial Support for Disaster Management."

An academy report I helped with. If you know of anyone who should, please let them know.

Carl

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 9:02 AM
Subject: Briefing for Successful Response Starts with a Map

Hi all,

A briefing has been scheduled for your recently published report, "Successful Response Starts with a Map: Improving Geospatial Support for Disaster Management.”  At the briefing, Dr. Michael Goodchild will present an overview of the report and provide an opportunity for discussion of the findings and recommendations.  This briefing will be the first of many ways in which we will reach out to the community.

The briefing will be held at:

10:00 AM EST

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Room 204, NAS Keck Center

500 5th St. NW

Washington, DC 20001

You are all invited to attend by phone—apologies to West Coast members for the early start time!  Please let me know if you would like to dial in, and I will provide instructions on how to join.

A list of invitees for the briefing is copied below.  If you have any additional suggestions for invitees, please send them over!

Chuck Croner, CDC

Dan Cotter, Bruce Davis, DHS

Wendy Blake-Coleman, EPA

Paul Rooney, John Perry, FEMA

Steve Ambrose, NASA

Beth Driver, NGA

Tony LaVoi, NOAA

John Kelmelis, State Department

Karen Siderelis, Steve Guptill, Mike Domaratz, USGS

Doug Richardson, AAG

Jim Plasker, ASPRS

John Palatiello, MAPPS

Bill Burgess, NSGIC