Subject: EM-TC public homepage page - proposed changes

Title: EM-TC public homepage page - proposed changes

Attached is a redlined version of proposed updates to the EM-TC web page. It will be easier to view of you turn off viewing the “Formatting” changes. There is a style sheet that controls the look and feel of the published page on the OASIS site.

A summary of the proposed changes are listed below:

§       Announcements

o       This section is for current time-sensitive information (less than 3 months old). I stripped out the old announcements and moved them down to the new “In the News” section in General Information.

o       I added announcements on EDXL-HAVE & EDXL-RM public review status and an announcement on the ITU-T Workshop. The ITU-T Workshop is over 3 months old, but I think that it’s appropriate to leave it in while we work with them on a joint CAP standard.

§       Overview

o       I updated the section to include EDXL-DE, EDXL-HAVE, and EDXL-RM.

o       I added a paragraph on our IPR policy.

§       Subcommittees

o       I added the Adoption SC

o       I removed the member & document count and replaced it with the SC charter. I couldn’t find a SC charter for GIS or Infrastructure.

§       Technical Work Produced by the Committee

o       I moved everything that wasn’t a specification to Expository Work Produced by the Committee

o       I updated this list to include all public specifications including standards and current Committee Drafts/Public Review Drafts

§       Expository Work Produced by the Committee

o       Public documents that are not specifications

o       I moved the Wiki link here, too

§       External Resources

o       Moved all articles and press releases down to the new “In the News” section in Additional Information

o       Moved “External Links” section in Additional Information to this section

§       Mailing Lists and Comments

o       No change

§       Additional Information

o       Moved the old announcements from Announcements to the new “In the News” section

o       Moved all articles and press releases from External Resources to the new “In the News” section

I do not have time to dig through TC email for articles and announcements that haven’t been added to the homepage, but I should be able to update it when new ones are posted. If there is an article or announcement previously posted that you would like to see added to the homepage, please forward it to me for inclusion.

Patti

<<EM-TCExternalWebPageProposedChanges.doc>>

Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
Senior Scientist, Research & Development

Innovative Emergency Management, Inc.

Managing Risk in a Complex World

8555 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 952-8228 (phone)
(225) 952-8122 (fax)

IEM CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION PLEASE READ OUR NOTICE:
http://www.iem.com/e_mail_confidentiality_notice.html

EM-TCExternalWebPageProposedChanges.doc