Subject: FW: EDXL-HAVE /CIQ - public review question

FYI – clarifications from OASIS.

Sukumar

From: Mary McRae [mailto:marypmcrae@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Mary McRae
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:37 PM
To: Dwarkanath, Sukumar
Cc: ejones@warningsystems.com; 'Ram Kumar'
Subject: RE: EDXL-HAVE /CIQ - public review question

Hi Sukumar,

  There's a few things to consider.

1. Reference the specific version of CIQ v3.0. This ensures that people will know exactly which version you're talking about.

2. If the reference to CIQ is normative, and CIQ changes in such a way that it will also require another 15-day review (meaning substantive changes are made post-public review), and those changes impact the use of CIQ in EDXL-HAVE, another public review would be required - *if the TC chooses to update the reference and incorporate that same set of changes*. It's possible that there could be substantive changes to CIQ that don't impact EDXL-HAVE, but I'm not familiar enough with either spec to make such a determination.

3. If the TC decides to stick with the reference to the public review version and not update the reference, *or* if no substantive changes are made to the spec and it reaches CS status and the TC chooses to update the reference, no additional review period is required.

Ram, as chair, might be able to shed more light on the anticipated outcome.

Please let me know if you have further questions or need additional assistance.

Regards,

Mary