Subject: RE: [emergency] EDXL-HAVE - Conformance Statement

Alessandro,

Good point - I agree with you. We need to identify the conformance targets – I just left it generic (hence, implementation) - and then outline the clauses for each target. As you point out, it is time and process intensive and will involve some effort. My thought was to use keep it high level for now and put some thought into the next version, but I am open to other suggestions as well…

As a FYI, I am out next week …

Thanks

Sukumar

From: Alessandro Triglia [mailto:sandro@oss.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:36 PM
To: Dwarkanath, Sukumar; emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Sukumar,

I understand it may be difficult to retrofit a conformance section into an existing specification.

I just wonder if we really have only one conformance target ("implementation") for this standard.  Is there any concept of something else other than an "implementation" that could be the target of conformance for this standard?  Say, a "message", a "server", a "client", a "process", etc.?  Would the conformance requirements be the same for all targets?

If it is too difficult to introduce such distinctions at this stage, then maybe we shouldn't bother--it can be done more thoughtfully in the next version.

Alessandro