Subject: Re: [emergency] EDXL-HAVE - Conformance Statement

Title: Re: [emergency] EDXL-HAVE - Conformance Statement
Hi Sukumar,

I have now read the new conformance template and instructions thoroughly, and I think we should have a short call on this. I believe we need to specify a "Conformance Target" or set of such, e.g. "EDXL-HAVE conforming implementations or tools to produce EDXL-HAVE reports." I put the definition phrase in quotes because I am copying Mary, to ask her opinion.

The New Conformance Guidelines don't have a specific example. A placeholder starts at the end of line 146. Lacking an example, I suggest:

"Conformance Statements using the terms from Section 1.2 TERMINOLOGY in this document are to be interpreted as described in (RFC2119) and apply to EDXL-HAVE conforming implementations or tools to produce EDXL-HAVE conforming reports."

This is just a suggestion.

I'm not sure we need to go into any more detail on the "Conformance Clauses," but it might be wise to have our thoughts on the record in a set of meeting notes or minutes so we can refer to these in the next round of issues that come up in the Public Review. I'm hoping we can have these notes to help expedite the next round of Issues, and, with a bit of luck and common sense, we can move on to the formal approval process.

I want to thank you very much, Sukumar, for your efforts on this. Since I am taking on the EDXL-RM honors, I understand too well what a challenge it is.