Subject: Re: [emergency] ISCRAM2008 - Ontologies for Crisis Management -Call for Papers

Title: Re: [emergency] ISCRAM2008 - Ontologies for Crisis Managem
Thansk Renato,

I wish we were far enough along with EDXL-RM so that we could reasonably support the paper I would have liked to prep for this on EDXL-RIM, describing the practical functionality that we plan for the EDXL-RIM ontology representation to be included in the specification package. However, having inherited the Editor task for EDXL-RM pretty much requires the full portion of my attention I can devote to this arena. As it is, we're fortunate that IEM maintains its corporate commitment with Werner taking Patti's place on the TC and SC, and Alessandro from OSS Nokalva joining the TC and SC. This somewhat makes up for the, hopefully, temporary loss of co-chair Tim Grapes and member Lee Tincher due to the fact that they are no longer under contract with DHS.

However, I have saved this message in its own folder within directory for the collaboratory group that is being renewed to develop an operational SOA Registry Repository system to service the domains of emergency response management and health informatics. I have long intended to invite you to join that group, and when we are a little farther along in our renewal, I will. Perhaps a paper can be developed in the intersection between this group and the Ontolog Forum http://ontolog.cim3.net in which I will be organi zing a Feb. demonstration of the collaboratory group that renamed itself the Integrated Response Services Consortium last week.