Subject: FW: ITU-D meeting on Disaster Management

OASIS EI MS Steering Committee,
OASIS Emergency Management TC,

This is to let you know that OASIS staff provided representation at the ITU
Disaster Management conference in Geneva this week to help promote the work
of your member section and TC.  Eliot Christian was in attendance also.  The
ITU-T representative, Simao Campos, highlighted the recent ITU
Recommendation on CAP, X.1303, during this conference.

Dr. Carol Cosgrove-Sacks has sent me some leads of interested parties, which
I will follow-up on and keep Dee informed of that progress.

Best regards,

--
Patrick Gannon
+1.978.761.3546       - mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Cosgrove-Sacks [mailto:Carol.Cosgrove-Sacks@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:41 AM
To: simao.campos@itu.int
Cc: cosmas.zavazava@itu.int; 'Patrick Gannon'; 'James Bryce Clark'
Subject: ITU-D meeting

Dear Simao,

Thank you for the excellent reference you made from the podium yesterday,
December 10th, regarding the adoption of the ITU-T Recommendation based on
the work of OASIS and the CAP standard. I was very happy to hear your
comments!

I found the speeches at the meeting very interesting. The role of
telecommunications and information technology in saving lives is a dramatic
subject, and many of the distinguished speakers gave fascinating examples.I
was pleased to be in the auditorium.

Perhaps we could arrange a meeting soon to discuss how we could best propose
developing the relationship between ITU and OASIS ?

Best regards,

Carol