Subject: EDXL schema clarification

I'm refining the way CAM kit I have for EDXL processes the xsd definitions.

I noticed that: Admissions, Discharges, Deaths are all defined as:

<xsd:element name="Admissions" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element name="Discharges" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element name="Deaths" minOccurs="0"/>

which according to my reading of the W3C spec' results in an xs:anyType  ur-base

so these elements may contain any content and attributes.

I'm just wondering if this was an intentional design decision?

I don't think this is a show stopper - nor merits a change at this point - and especially since you can cover off the intended use pattern within a CAM template anyway - but I'm just curious here!

Thanks, DW