Subject: Draft Support HIT Ltr

Hi Folks,

This is what I sent to the document repository:

Dear OASIS,

We the members of the Emergency Management Technical Committee would
like to express our concern for continuing the inclusion of Health
Information Technology issues in OASIS. Specifically, we want to
support an active liaison with the Health Information Technology
Standards Panel (HITSP) through Brett Trusko, and the funding
necessary for this liaison activity in order for such active
participation.

This directly impacts the Emergency Data Exchange Language-Hospital
Availability Exchange (EDXL-HAVE) which our TC will be advancing for
OASIS approval as soon as possible. Please not that HITSP has
included EDXL-HAVE in its recommendations and has been supporting our
efforts, despite the delays necessary to fulfill the due diligence
that developing high quality OASIS standards requires.

Respectfully,

EM TC