Subject: RE: [emergency-sc] RE: Interoperability demonstrations

It is generally very difficult to get a speaking event, they do not want any vendors to share space and are not very easy to work with.  However, always worth another try.  I serve as the private sector liaison to the Preparedness Committee who is chaired by David Maxwell, Arkansas.  I've tried for 3 years but this may be a year we can get something done.  I'll plan to introduce it at an upcoming telecon (after socializing it first). Always worth a try.  WSI always attends and would be happy to participate.  Elysa

At 10:32 AM 3/19/2008, Dee Schur wrote:
It looks to me like this event might be a good one, the timing is right.

NEMA 2008 Annual Conference
September 8-11, 2008
Portland, OR
Information Available June 2008
dee

From: Dee Schur [ mailto:dee.schur@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:29 AM
To: 'David Aylward'
Cc: 'David Lamensdorf'; tracymryan@verizon.net; 'Ponikvar,Donald <CTR>'; steven.streetman@associates.dhs.gov; emergency-sc@lists.oasis-open.org; 'Scott McGrath'

Great feedback--just so I am clear, EIC/Comcare is working on a healthcare focused, GoToMeetings demo? Or event?
And you are thinking of OASIS following up on the NIMS project? I like the idea of using the GoToMeetings product since I have access to this software too. Can you truly create a canned InterOp demo using a static tool like GoToMeetings? Would NIMS participate? It would be neat to re-create the NIMS test suite, no? and invite successful implementers to demo. Can we tie these implementers together with a larger scenario (fictitious emergency event) like you have described in past events.
We could actually do both; create a webinar with various vendors/service providers and select one venue to recreate the demo live. The webinar would drive traffic to the event.
It looks like you ended up charging each participant 2.5K for the IAEM event? Any other great events you can recommend? Where do state-level public emergencies officials (folks that make monetary decisions for their states) gather?
Dee