Subject: RE: [emergency] Use Case

David,

While what you say is true, these comments were made in respect to the EIC work which does have the role of promoting the DRAFTs as well as the Standards.  We also have an OASIS Member Section that evolved from the EIC for that purpose.  So, our TC does get involved in these discussions early on.  In fact, the EIC has actually fostered and paid for (with DHS/DM funding) demonstrations where the drafts were used.  This was done to determine if a Standard was produced - would companies write to it?  This is a normal part of our  Standards development process.

Yes, OASIS has clear rules about bragging rights.  They are available to OASIS any member who chose to demonstrate a use.  This opportunity may encourage some companies that have been working on or considering a development to join OASIS.  Recall, HAVE is a derivative of an earlier work HavBed that is already in use in many hospitals but is not a Standard in our sense of the word.  There are companies out there that would be inclined to move to HAVE for the benefits of OASIS.

I hope this makes more clear the reason for our extending the reach of call for use cases.

Elysa