Subject: RE: [emergency] Use Case

I don't have a problem with this, but the fact is that we do need to
make a definitive statement for EIC, and I'm not going to stand in
the way of moving forward to OASIS approval. So what I would propose
is adopting a position that stands behind the conformance section,
but draws the distinction between conformance and how much of the
specification needs to implemented.

Perhaps we could say:

"While the conformance section does not mandate that all specific
message types must be implemented, we suggest implementors develop
against the set of message types they consider necessary for their
purposes. We would appreciate if implementors who are OASIS member
companies test their implementations during development and issue a
Statement of Use when they are satisfied that their implementations
are functioning correctly for the minimum requirements of the
conformance section."

We could fine tune such language to satisfy the needs of EIC for
providing guidance on this topic.