Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - CAP Profile Requirements Crosswalk(CAP-IPAWS_Constraints.xls) uploaded

So... based on an initial review of requirements from the Big Three
federal systems... EAS, CMAS and NOAA HazCollect... I'm not seeing any
obvious reason why a single profile with a single <info> block wouldn't
be possible. There are a few requirements in the current DMIS OPEN
(HazCollect) implementation that I think might be regrettable in terms
of imposing unnecessary limits on CAP users generally; several of them
are already under review at NOAA.  In the Excel document I've indicated
those in yellow.  (I was planning to use red to indicate any direct
incompatibilities among the three requirement columns but, again, I
didn't find any!)

I think it's important to note that much of each of the source
documents has to do with rules for how that particular delivery system
will process a CAP message.  I tried to extract only those requirements
that actually affected the content of the CAP message itself, but
looking back on it I see I've still brought in a number of rules that
only describe how a particular system will transform and/or process a
given message.  We can tighten that up as we go along.  (And obviously I
may have overlooked some important details, so I'm counting on everybody
chiming in.)

The "Other/Notes" column is a bit of a catch-all for constraints from
other systems or environments.  For the time being I used it to note a
couple of questions I had about the interpretation of some of the rules
proposed in the IPAWS draft.

- Art

Art Botterell, Manager
Community Warning System
Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff
50 Glacier Drive
Martinez, California 94553
(925) 313-9603
fax (925) 646-1120

>>> <abott@so.cccounty.us> 12/15/2008 12:25 PM >>>
The document named CAP Profile Requirements Crosswalk
(CAP-IPAWS_Constraints.xls) has been submitted by Art Botterell to the
OASIS Emergency Management TC document repository.

Document Description:
This working document is an element-by-element analysis of requirements
for
CAP 1.1 compatibility with various warning delivery systems,
particularly
at the federal level.  This is intended as an analytic tool for use in
review and refinement of the DHS IPAWS Profile.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=30394

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/30394/CAP-IPAWS_Constraints.xls

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
paste

-OASIS Open Administration