Subject: Re: [emergency] Special EM-TC Meeting today 5pm

I understand, Art,

For my part, the motivation is not so much to accommodate the needs
of FEMA, for which I think we've done our best, but to get us back on
a normal schedule next week. Otherwise, we can't settle this until
next Tuesday at the regularly scheduled TC meeting, after which we
still need to complete the SC work, and either wait ANOTHER two weeks
for the next TC meeting to vote on the Committee Draft or else call a
Special Meeting for the following week (three weeks from now) for the
vote to take it into the 60-Day Public Review. This scenario pushes
the Public Review into a March-April timeframe. So, if we can't deal
with this fairly and expeditiously now, we're looking at another
three or four weeks with this profile sitting in the middle of our
schedules, and that's what I'd like to avoid.

Just to remind everyone, we made similar adjustments for EDXL-HAVE
and EDXL-RM last fall, and we've made similar adjustments either
accommodating special meetings or delaying decisions for EDXL-DE and
for the CAP 1.1 errata.

While I'm sure we would all prefer that our processes ran more
smoothly, experience indicates that we make adjustments when we feel
it is necessary. I think this is one of those times. If we can air
these issues fairly and reach a decision now, we can vote to move
this work forward to its 60-Day Public Review in our regularly
scheduled TC meeting next week, and then we can all take a deep
breath and look forward to the next steps for this effort and for the
work on its way to us.