Subject: Re: [emergency] Note: Items in CAP IPAWS Profile Specification

On 17 Feb 2009, at 10:31, Art Botterell wrote:

> I believe our thinking was that since messages that conform to the
> Profile are, perforce, valid instances of a CAP 1.1 message, having
> a different namespace wasn't mandatory.  And if we give them a
> different namespace it will break interoperability with non-IPAWS
> transports.

If I see this as the XML Namespace in a CAP instance:

   <urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:cap:1.1>

How do I know this is Profile X?

(Not trying to be difficult, but I think a Profile needs to *extend*
an existing Namespace, and I am not sure this is consistent with OASIS
naming policy [1]).

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA

[1] <http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/resourceNamingCommentaryV08.html#NamespaceDesign