Subject: Re: [emergency] CAP-IPAWS Profile Specification Issues

Friends -

In the course of today's Emergency Management TC meeting a DHS representative expressed the opinion that OASIS is under a contractual obligations to expedite the processing of the IPAWS profile over and above the OASIS TC Process.  As we've been unable to obtain a copy of that contract, and considering that the numerous OASIS staff who were taking an active part in our meeting didn't appear to contradict that claim, I guess we have to assume that it's true.

Therefore I'm forced, reluctantly, to the conclusion that this process is seriously compromised by conflicts of interest.  I have asked that my name be removed from the list of editors of the IPAWS draft and I will be considering whether renewing my agency's OASIS membership would be in the best interests of the people of Contra Costa County.

- Art

Art Botterell, Manager
Community Warning System
Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff
50 Glacier Drive
Martinez, California 94553
(925) 313-9603
fax (925) 646-1120