Subject: RE: [emergency] FEMA IPAWS Note on CAP Profile

Can't blame you for wanting to put that on the record, Rex, but I should point out that the issue isn't just whether you've received explicit instructions, but whether you (or any other DHS contractor) could reasonably be expected to act independently when DHS representatives have expressed a strong preference, given that your (their) own livelihood is involved.

- Art

>>> Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com> 02/20/09 8:17 AM >>>
Thanks for the clarification, Alessandro,

For myself, I don't consider it a Conflict of Interest, but I can be
seen as compromised by the fact that I have accepted a subcontract
from OASIS, at least verbally, to help facilitate this work. I have
not been given instructions about how to carry out this work, nor
have I been pressured to take any positions with regard to the issues
under consideration. My current position with regard to the inclusion
of Appendix B in the candidate Committee Draft for a 60-Day Public
Review is that I have no preference strong enough to prompt me to
support including or deleting it. This doesn't happen very often, but
it is now.