Subject: EM-TC Submission of CAP Profile for Public Review

Dear Mary,

The EM-TC is pleased to announce that we are ready to submit the Common Alerting Protocol USA Integrated Public Alert and Warning System Profile Public Review 01 to OASIS for a 60-day public review period.

The 2/24/09 meeting notes from our meeting where the working draft was advanced to a Committee Draft can be found at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/download.php/31436/Approved%20Meeting%20Notes%202-24-09.doc

The 2/26/09 meeting notes from our meeting where the committee draft was advanced to a Public Review Draft can be found at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/download.php/31466/Draft%20Meeting%20Notes%202-26-09.doc

The Public Review Draft 01 can be found at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/download.php/31443/CAP-v1.1-IPAWS-Profile-PR01.doc

In addition, the TC would like to add the following notes to the request for comments that goes out:

Note on inclusion of a schema:

The OASIS EM TC requests comments on the advisability of including a normative XML Schema for the CAP-IPAWS Profile within the CAP IPAWS Profile Specification. Currently no schema is included and we note that other OASIS profiles have been completed without schemas. It should be considered whether the purpose of the profile is better suited by:
including no schema;
enforcing restrictions such as those for the <geocode> element; or,
limiting changes to cardinality, such as requiring that at least one <eventCode> element be included.

Note on inclusion of FEMA IPAWS Requirements Document:

The OASIS EM TC requests comments on the inclusion of the complete IPAWS CAP v1.1Profile Requirements v2.4 - Public document within the CAP Profile Specification as non-normative information. Currently a reference to the document is included as Non-Normative Reference, with an additional note in Sec 1.6 of the Profile Specification. Comments will help the OASIS EM TC to validate if the provision of this information will serve to help and inform users/implementers of the CAP IPAWS Profile.

Please let me know if you have any questions in processing this request.

Kind regards,

Elysa Jones, Chair
OASIS EM-TC
CTO Warning Systems, Inc.