Subject: CAP 1.2 numbering?

Alas, it appears we're asked for yet another uncomfortable compromise for entirely non-technical reasons.

I'm told that at the NAB convention in Las Vegas last week, Tom Beers of the FCC expressed some concern about using CAP 1.2 because the Commission's Report and Order on EAS specified CAP 1.1.  ("Technology advances, but Law persists.")  He reportedly suggested calling it "CAP 1.1a" instead.

I'm not much of stickler about numbering schemes, myself, as long as things can be differentiated.  Under the circumstances, does anyone see any insurmountable problem with calling the next version either "1.1a" or perhaps "1.1.01"?

- Art

Art Botterell, Manager
Community Warning System
Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff
50 Glacier Drive
Martinez, California 94553
(925) 313-9603
fax (925) 646-1120