Subject: Re: meter/feet units in the altitude element of CAP

Thanks Elysa,

I think a small clarification is in order. For
that reason, and because we might want to add
this to tomorrow's TC Meeting Agenda, I am adding
the TC list to the addresses for this message.

We started the list at the url cited to collect
comments into CAP 1.2 and CAP 2.0 categories as a
way to see what needed to be done next.
Subsequently, we have chosen to push quickly for
CAP 1.2 (underway). We then planned to launch
into a formal, but currently temporally
unconstrained (no fixed end date), Requirements
Gathering process for CAP 2.0 when CAP 1.2 is
announced for its 60-Day Public Review (very
soon). We don't currently have anyone tasked with
maintaining that list.

I should also say that the motion I made many
months ago for a separate CAP SC to undertake
that work still stands. I think it might be
appropriate to modify that motion to specify the
SC as CAP 2.0 specific, but it should certainy be
discussed as to whether it is a single
issue/version, short-lived SC or a permanent SC.
I could argue both sides, but I do think it
should be its own entity.

I think the constituency for CAP 2.0 greatly
exceeds that of the EM-Msg SC and for that SC to
handle both CAP 2.0 and EDXL-SitRep is more than
a single SC can or should handle. And, because I
am already committed to EM-Msg and EDXL-RIM SCs,
as co-chair, I would not be a candidate for that
role in a new SC.