Subject: Note to ITU

Dear Eliot,

Thank you for your continued tireless work to improve alert and
warning in our world.

The OASIS EM-TC would like very much to participate in the workshop
at WMO in June.  However, at this time, no members have identified
the ability to attend without funding for travel.  Since this topic
has not been fleshed out within the TC (aside from the current
identifier method specified in the Standard), we feel it is important
for TC members to be able to participate in the workshop.  Would it
be possible for TC members or others to participate remotely?

We will continue to seek funding for sending a representative as a
minimum but no representative will have authority to act on behalf of
the TC without TC consensus.

We will begin a series of special meetings of the TC 5/28 to discuss
this topic in an effort to develop a recommendation.  Would it be
possible to get any documented notes that would identify the
method(s) the ITU-SG is considering and arguments for/against.  This
may help speed our efforts.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Elysa Jones, Chair