Subject: RE: [earlywarning] [CAP] Definition of Warning Categories

Hi Brian,

FYI, the DE contains a ContentKeyword in the ContentObject  element which
might be a valid usage of this element in context of wrapping and
distributing a warning message.

You're correct that it doesn't define categories.  But if usage policies
were defined and then categories were to be defined, agreed to and
maintained under governance in an accessible location, ContentKeyword
provides a consistent application of those categories.

I'm sure valid debate may ensue, but this is one reason this type of
flexibility was built into the DE.  I'm only suggesting this be considered
as an existing available solution / usage of the DE rather than discounting
it as an option up front.

Element contentKeyword
Type List and Associated Value(s)
Usage OPTIONAL, MAY use multiple
Definition The topic related to the message data and content, as it may
determine message
distribution and presentation decisions.
Comments 1. The list and associated value(s) is in the form:
<contentKeyword>
<valueListUrn>valueListUrn</valueListUrn>
<value>value</value>
</contentKeyword>
where the content of <valueListUrn> is the Uniform Resource Name of a
published
list of values and definitions, and the content of <value> is a string
(which may
represent a number) denoting the value itself.
2. Multiple instances of the <value>, MAY occur with a single <valueListUrn>
within
the <contentKeyword> container.
3. Multiple instances of <contentKeyword> MAY occur within a single
<contentObject> container.
Examples of things <contentKeyword> might be used to describe include
message
processor, event stage, resource code and response type.
Subelements
• valueListUrn
• value
Used In contentObject

Thanks,
Tim Grapes
Evolution Technologies, Inc.
An SDVOB "Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Business"
Office:    (703) 654-6075
Mobile:  (703) 304-4829
Fax:         (703) 654-6001
tgrapes@evotecinc.com
http://www.evotecinc.com/
"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt"
- Henry J. Kaiser