Subject: EDXL-HAVE usage in situation awareness

Title: EDXL-HAVE usage in situation awareness

Please excuse the mass mailing, but I need to ping this group for some very specific information.

In preparation for the expected second H1N1 wave this fall, those in the healthcare community is pushing to fill the situational awareness gaps at all levels (vertical and horizontal) of the tiered response. I have been asked by folks at HHS to help them identify any kinds of databases (public or private) that might be useful for a health/medical response.

Of course, I immediately thought of the EDXL-HAVE standard. Do you know systems/organizations/entities that are using the EDXL-HAVE standard to establish data repositories of any kind that can potentially be used by the healthcare community for establishing, improving or enhancing healthcare-specific situational awareness?

Again, I apologize for the mass email.

Patti

Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
Senior Scientist, Research & Development

IEM

Managing Risk in a Complex World

8550 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 501
Baton Rouge, LA 70809