Subject: RE: DE versus ATOM

Hi Jacob,

I  have not but am glad you have reached out about this.  I believe this is
an appropriate topic to ask of the EM-TC, and I ask that Lee T. also comment
whether he has come across Atom in his dealings with other standards
implementers.

Thanks,
Tim Grapes
Evotec
"The only thing we take into the next life is our character"

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Westfall [mailto:jake@jpw.biz]
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 1:19 PM
To: rexb@starbourne.com
Cc: tgrapes@evotecinc.com
Subject: DE versus ATOM

Hi,
	I've had a couple technical discussions with some people about using
the DE versus the Atom format/protocol.  Their comments were that Atom
offers a lot of what the DE does and that there are more tools and
experience for Atom.  I started coming around to their comments and wondered
if the DE itself is facing an uphill battle for adoption.  I wanted to ask
if you've run into this comparison and how the DE would differentiate
itself?  Thanks,

--
jake@jpw.biz