Subject: Re: [Fwd: [emergency] Questions on ASN.1 and IPAWS Profile / CAP1.2]

USG seldom acts at this level except through specific agency
recommendations or Office of Management and Budget Circulars which
dictate policy, but historically haven't been vigorously enforced.
However, neither recommendations or policy are likely in this case. DHS
S&T might look at it, but NIEM is the body more interested in
namespacing issues. Their focus is less on specifying any particular
technology than including any and all technologies that may prove to be
useful, economical or both.