Subject: RE: [emergency] Statements of use for CAP 1.2

EvoTec can do this through OPEN - would anyone care to be a recipient of the
message to verify they can receive it and join in the statement?

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the
public and have no self.  - Cyril Connolly

-----Original Message-----
From: Elysa Jones [mailto:ejones@warningsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 7:14 PM
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency] Statements of use for CAP 1.2

Friends,

We agreed in our meeting today to request OASIS to run a TC ballot
for CAP 1.2 as a Standard along with the ballot for Committee
Specification.  We need to have at least three statements of use by
member companies that they have successfully implemented this
specification.  If you are currently running CAP 1.1, it is a very
minor change.  We would like very much to have these statements of
use in order to request the ballot by close of business 1/6/09.  This
does not mean you have implemented the IPAWS profile.  This is only
CAP 1.2.  I have posted the statement from Warning Systems, Inc. to
the list that you may use for proper wording.

Thank you all for your continued support of open standards in the
very important area of emergency management and specifically alert and
warning!

Regards,
Elysa Jones, Chair
OASIS EM-TC