Subject: Fwd: CAPv1.2 Web-Service Implementation Challenges

Folks,

Here is the basic issue we have been having in building a CAP 1.2 implementation.  Your help is appreciated.  Neil recommends a change to CAP 1.2.  I am not sure we want to do that, but we sure do need to find a way to use the "Standard FEMA SOA platform" without having to hand code everything behind the WSDL.  So, suggestions are appreciated.

R/s

Gary Ham

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bourgeois, Neil" <NBourgeois@constellationinc.us>
Date: February 3, 2010 5:41:02 PM EST
To: Lee Tincher <ltincher@evotecinc.com>, Gary Ham <gary.ham@eyestreet.com>

Gary and Lee
We are experiencing Web-service implementation issues with the CAPv1.2 schema. DM-OPEN is currently using Oracle 10g application server and Oracle 10g assembler to generate Web-Services.  DM-OPEN is also leveraging JAXB2 and its capabilities in binding XML to Java classes.

Here are the following issues:
1) With the two <any.../> tags the Oracle Assembler generates a single Alert object as a SOAP Element. This will require a significant amount of rework to upgrade the current CAPv1.1 Web-Service to CAPv1.2.
2) JAXB will not compile. Get response that "Any element has already been defined".

Recommendation to resolve these issue is to place <any.../> elements within their own element. I do not believe that this recommended change will take away any of the flexibility intended in the original CAPv1.2 schema.

Have similar Web-Service implementation issues been experienced by other developers?

Thanks
Neil Bourgeois
Cell: 703-732-6331

Original Schema:
        </element>
                <any minOccurs = "0" maxOccurs = "unbounded" namespace = "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" processContents = "lax"/>
                <any minOccurs = "0" namespace = "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmlenc#" processContents = "lax"/>
      </sequence>
    </complexType>
  </element>
  <element name = "valueName" type = "xs:string"/>
  <element name = "value" type = "xs:string"/>
</schema>

Recommended Change:
        </element>
        <element ref="cap:Signature"/>
        <element ref="cap:Encoding"/>
      </sequence>
    </complexType>
  </element>
  <element name="Signature">
  <complexType>
    <sequence>
      <any minOccurs = "0" maxOccurs = "unbounded" namespace = "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" processContents = "lax"/>
    </sequence>
  </complexType>
  </element>
  <element name="Encoding">
  <complexType>
    <sequence>
      <any minOccurs = "0" namespace = "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmlenc#" processContents = "lax"/>
    </sequence>
  </complexType>
  </element>
  <element name = "valueName" type = "xs:string"/>
  <element name = "value" type = "xs:string"/>
</schema>

Gary Ham
703-899-6241