Subject: CAPv1.2 CS & Standard Approval Ballots

Hi Everyone,

Because today is a national holiday and there is a good chance that many
of the voting members of the TC may not be getting their email until
after the ballots close today, there is good reason for concern that we
will find ourselves in a difficult situation tomorrow if the ballot
closes and the vote results remain unchanged.

So I went to the OASIS Technical Committee Handbook
http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/OASISTCHandbook.htm and
did some research that took me to the TC Process Document Section 3.4
Approval of an OASIS Standard
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2008-06-19.php#OASISstandard
where paragraph 14 states:

*The TC that originated the specification may resolve by Special
Majority Vote to withdraw the proposed specification at any point after
it is submitted to the TC Administrator for administrative processing
and before the start of the voting period.* No part of the submission
may be changed or altered in any way after being submitted to the TC
Administrator, including by Errata or corrigenda. Errata, corrigenda or
other changes to a Committee Specification are not permitted after its
submission for OASIS Standard approval; if changes are required the
Committee Specification must be withdrawn by the TC, edited, re-approved
as a Committee Specification, and then may be resubmitted as a proposed
OASIS Standard. Proposed changes of any kind to a Committee Draft or
Committee Specification may be maintained by a Technical Committee, but
do not have any approval status until incorporated into a revised
Committee Draft or Committee Specification.

Special Majority Vote is defined in TC Process Document Section 1
Definitions
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2008-06-19.php#definitions

"Special Majority Vote" is a TC vote in which at least 2/3 (two thirds)
of the Voting Members vote " yes" and no more than 1/4 (one fourth) of
the Voting Members vote "no". These numbers are based on the total
number of Voting Members. Abstentions are not counted. For example, in a
TC in which there are 30 Voting Members, at least 20 Voting Members must
vote "yes" for a motion to pass; but if 8 or more vote "no" then the
motion fails. All Special Majority Votes must be conducted via
electronic ballot by the OASIS TC Administrator.

I believe this means that we can, at our regularly scheduled TC meeting
tomorrow resolve by Special Majority Vote to withdraw the proposed
specification even if the ballot measures currently set to close today
are approved.