Subject: RE: *****SPAM***** Re: [emergency] HAVE Conformance vs. Documentation vs. Released Schemas

Thanks

Not quite sure exactly what you mean by structure, but it sounds like it will not accept anything that doesn't have elements with values specific to these concerns. This contradicts the line that says takes any valid CAP message.

However, I have no problem with IPAWS-OPEN doing that at all. I also no problem with IPAWS-OPEN requiring my Canadian Structure before accepting my CAP and forwarding.

What I need to stress is that if indeed it is only open to these "structures" then it can't be truly said to be accepting any valid CAP message. It can though be said to be accepting of any CAP IPAWS message (if indeed those structures are defined in IPAWS).

Thanks

Norm

From: Gary Ham [mailto:gham@grandpaham.com]
Sent: March 9, 2010 3:52 PM
To: Paulsen,Norm [Ontario]
Cc: McGarry, Donald P.; David RR Webber (XML); emergency@lists.oasis-open.org; Dwarkanath,Sukumar - INTL

I cannot speak details for IPAWS specifically, because not all aspects have been built or even designed, but I can give some general direction. IPAWS-OPEN (yep 3.0 will be called IPAWS-OPEN) is planned to have a single CAP input interface that takes any valid CAP message.  Depending on content (does it have the appropriate CMAS structures, EAS structures, NWEM structures, etc), user permissions, and user direction, it will be made available to multiple other networks, gateways, interoperating systems, push capabilities, etc., as applicable.  Data driven, as simple as possible, as complex as necessary. That is the goal.

R/s
Gary