Subject: Please read and respond: Activities and Priorities for the EM-TC

Friends,

I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer.  Those of you who have not been active in the EM-TC work may not know what has been going on with our work.  Just a few summary highlights below: Of course much behind the scenes work has gone on with the RIM and GIS Subcommittees (SC) in support of the other SCs as well although no specific Standard is being developed.

A big THANK YOU to those of you who have been able to devote time to the work of open standards for emergency management through the summer!

As you can see, there is much work to do in our TC.  I would like at this time to get input from ALL of you will respect to 1)  Priorities you see from your unique perspective and 2)  Where you might  like to be involved.  Everyone has input on these two points.  Your company, customer and/or personal background has lead you to join this TC and I would like to hear from you.  What do you see as the priorities?  Are there places you would like to get involved but have been hesitant for some reason?  Chairs, editors, writers and reviewers are all critically important to developing these Standards.  YOUR input is important and I want to be sure you feel comfortable dialing in to calls and getting involved.  If there is anything the SC chairs or I can do to help you find a way to plug in, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this request.

Kind regards,

Elysa Jones, Chair
OASIS EM-TC
CTO Warning Systems, Inc.