Subject: Fwd: Emergency Information Systems Interop Workshop for better preparedness @ ISCRAM 2011

FYI - it would be good to get OASIS involvement in this as well!

Cheers Gavin

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chamindra de Silva <chamindra@sahanafoundation.org>
Date: 21 October 2010 2:26:40 AM NZDT
To: Renato Iannella <renato@iannella.it>, Tom De Groeve <tom.de-groeve@jrc.ec.europa.eu>, Julie Dugdale <Julie.Dugdale@imag.fr>, Bartel Van de Walle <B.A.VanDeWalle@uvt.nl>, David Bitner William <bitner@sahanafoundation.org>, Gavin Treadgold <gavin@sahanafoundation.org>, Mark Prutsalis <mark@sahanafoundation.org>, "Patrick Meier (Ushahidi)" <patrick@ushahidi.com>

Please do forward through your channels as well.
--------------------------------
Dear All,

I would like to announce that we are organizing an emergency/disaster information systems interop workshop for the next ISCRAM 2011. The interop workshop will be an environment where software vendors and information systems solution providers can bring in their systems for testing against popular information exchange standards such as PFIF, CAP, GeoRSS, EDXL Standards, GIS Standards, etc. The structure will be based on the Apache interop workshops. More importantly we will want to test, improve and validate information exchange between systems for certain popular pre-defined use-cases utilizing these standards. Thereby the results of this workshop will serve better preparedness by assuring that the systems that participate are able to exchange data effectively and work more efficiently in partnership at the time of disaster response.

The interop workshop will be part of the information systems interop standards track, where you can also submit research papers, work in progress papers, practitioner presentations covering best practices and demos for inclusion in ISCRAM. We are also welcoming presentations on new, existing and emerging interop standards for educational purposes to help improve awareness, facilitate feedback and adoption.

Participants interested in participating for the interop workshop can submit their solutions/products/demos/functional prototypes as a demo for this track.

Further submission details can be found at:
  http://iscram2011.lnec.pt/pdf/tracks/information_systems_interop_standards.pdf

For information of the ISCRAM 2011 conference the main website is:
  http://iscram2011.lnec.pt/

We look forward to your participation to this much needed exercise. If you have any suggestion on this track please do not hesitate to contact myself, Renato Iannella or Tom de Groeve. We also want to form a steering committee for the interop workshop, so do let us know if you would like to join that.

thanks,

Chamindra de Silva
http://chamindra-de-silva.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/ChamindraS