Subject: Re: [emergency-ms] Re: [emergency] Re: [emergency-ms] updating X.1303 - Common Alerting Protocol

Hi Elysa,

  I'm including Jamie as he can give you more specifics. Just for everyone's benefit here's a brief overview:
OASIS has a Liaison Policy that describes two categories of liaison relationships: Org-to-Org and TC-to-WG/TC/SC/etc.

All submissions to another standards body must be done at the OASIS/org-to-org level and follow the procedure given here (sorry, someone really needs to add section numbers to the policy):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php#submitwork

Beyond that, there's an established relationship with ITU-T (an MoU or some other sort of agreement between the two orgs)

And there's the TC <-> ITU-T WG liaison which is intended to enable communication and input into related work.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php#liaisons

  As you said, it's completely up to the TC whether they want to invest time in CAP 1.2 to then submit it to ITU-T, or to continue with the current plan of submitting CAP 2.0 when ready. Of course it's always best if a Standard has been approved by a de jure standards body that the two works are kept in sync with each other; if CAP 2.0 is still far off in the distance it may make sense to take the steps necessary to send CAP 1.2 over to ITU-T.

Best regards,

Mary