Subject: Updated Event List for EM

Hi Everyone,

Below is an updated “Emergency Management Event List” for review.  Hopefully, I captured most of the recently suggested events.  I’m happy to discuss any of these events (or others) during the Adoption call today at noon.

Kind regards, Jane

___________________

List of events for review:

March 24

Canadian Event TBA

**Pending more information

April 6-7

CAP Implementation Workshop

Geneva, Switzerland

http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/www/ISS/Meetings/WIS-CAP_Geneva2011/DocPlan.html

May 8-11

ISCRAM Conference

Lisbon, Portugal

http://www.iscram.org/

**Working to submit a poster presentation proposal for review.

June 12-15

NFPA Conference and Expo

Boston, MA

http://www.nfpa.org/categorylistconf.asp?categoryID=1600

June 18-23

NENA Annual Conference& Trade Show

Minneapolis, MN

http://nena.org/nena2011

July 12

Annual Hazards Workshop

Broomfield, Colorado

http://www.colorado.edu/hazards/workshop/current.html

August 12-16

NEMA Annual Conference

Des Moines, IA

http://www.nemaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=211

August 23-25

The NIEM 2011 National Training Event (NTE)

Philadelphia, PA

http://www.niem.gov/

** Possible second Emergency Interoperability Summit

Fall of 2011

TCIP Expo

TBD Location

http://tcipexpo.com/

November 12-17

IAEM 59th Annual Conference & EMEX 2011

Las Vegas, NV

http://www.iaem.com/events/annual/intro.htm

**A separate note will follow regarding an Interoperability demonstration at IAEM.

December 5-8

Fourth National Voice Interoperability Workshop

Victoria, British Columbia

http://www.cacp.ca/index/eventscontent?contentId=755

**Possible OASIS/CITIG Interoperability demonstration

January 10-13 -- 2012

Consumer Electronics Show

Las Vegas, NV

http://www.cesweb.org/

** Note from Mike Gerber:   There is lots of press there and a variety of ways you can draw large crowds to your booth.  I've been the front person at the NWS booth for the past three years.  Hopefully, FEMA IPAWS will be there next year as well.  It is common for CES to have a large booth populated by vendors who are members of a larger organization.  For example, small to medium size vendors associated with one of the smart home technology associations were all under the same booth.