Subject: RE: [emergency-adopt] Important Meeting on the Future ofInteroperability Demonstrations -- all members are encouraged to attend

Jane (et. Al)-

Unfortunately I can’t make this call due to travel, but wanted to put some information out there for the group…

1.       We are currently developing libraries in .NET for IPAWS-OPEN 2.0

2.       We also have a DE “router” that can act as a gateway (if needed) to share messages to IPAWS for demos if needed

-Don

dmcgarry@mitre.org

703-595-9375

From: Jane Harnad [mailto:jane.harnad@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:32 AM
To: emergency-ms@lists.oasis-open.org; emergency-adopt@lists.oasis-open.org; emergency-adopt-events@lists.oasis-open.org; em-interop-tech@lists.oasis-open.org; emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear OASIS Members,

All OASIS Emergency Management members are encouraged to join the next EM Adoption Events & Demos Sub-committee (E&DSC) meeting for a discussion on the future of OASIS Emergency Interoperability Demonstrations and Exercises.  With support for DM-OPEN 1.0 ending July 1st and the replacement of IPAWS-OPEN 2.0, it is the E&DSC’s goal to poll members in the hopes of finding out how many plan to implement IPAWS-OPEN 2.0 (and when).  Since our most recent demonstrations integrated DM-OPEN 1.0, it is vitally important for us to gage how many members will be ready and available to support any future demonstration using IPAWS-OPEN 2.0.

FYI:  Future demonstrations currently under consideration include:

NIEM Training Event 2011, August in Philadelphia, PA

IAEM Conference & EMEX Exposition 2011, November in Las Vegas, NV

In order for the E&DSC to continue their support of interoperability demonstrations in 2011, it is essential that vendor applications support the new interface.  In addition, EAS encoders must support CAP-EAS by September of this year.  EAS encoders will be polling IPAWS-OPEN for the EAS-CAP messages. If members are seeking to participate in EAS, they will need to support CAP-EAS, as well as IPAWS-OPEN by the September timeframe.

Please join us on Thursday, 21 April for a brief discussion on the above.  We look forward to your participation.  (Conference call information are listed below.)

Kind regards, Jane

Conference Call-in Details:

(800) 320-4330

Pin 425364 #