Subject: RE: [emergency] SitRep Update

Title: RE: [emergency] SitRep Update

Tim,

regarding the time-line, I would like to point out that there is quite a backlog of work on OASIS Staff's plate.
If edxl-ct and edxl-ciq are any indication, then we may be in for quite a delay: I had submitted the approved wd for upgrade to csd status on May 24 and according to a JIRA report from last week, we are still way down in the queue ...

8-4-1,
Werner

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Grapes [mailto:tgrapes@evotecinc.com]
Sent: Tue 6/7/2011 5:22 PM
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency] SitRep Update

Folks,

With the gmlSimpleFeatures successfully completing vote pending minor
revision to be completed this week, only one final component is required in
order to submit EDXL-SitReps to the EM-TC for vote as Committee Draft, and
then to public comment.  The ability to create and/or update select NIMS
Incident Command System (ICS) forms is a key requirement for SitReps.  An
appendix will contain an example mapping between the schema and the ICS 209
form (determined the best example per practitioners) along with a sample
xslt demonstrating one way data received via this standard might be used to
populate / create this driver ICS forms.

MITRE took on the task of completing groundwork done by Rob Torchon.
Estimated completion of the draft is this Friday June 10 COB.  Assuming
review of that example goes well, the SitRep Committee Draft may be ready to
submit to the EM-TC during the WE June 17.  From there time-line depends
upon review time required by the EM-TC and time to address any questions or
comments.

Thanks,
    Tim

Tim Grapes

Evotec

(703) 304-4829

If I had six hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend four hours sharpening the
ax.
-Abraham Lincoln