Subject: Re: [emergency] Symbol for CAP

Am 09.06.2011 17:56, schrieb Elysa Jones:
> Friends,
>
> As I presented after the CAP workshop and again mentioned in the EM-TC
> meeting this week, there is a need of a symbol for CAP to be used on
> maps as well as for web service CAP feeds. Just this past week Simon
> Elliot of EUMETSAT asked if we had made any progress on this action.
> Does anyone of our TC members with to make a contribution of symbols as
> requested for CAP? If so or if you have any input on this topic, please
> respond.

Elysa,

I think we must differentiate between usage in maps and usage in feeds.
In most map based applications the symbol in the map will indicate the
event (e.g. tsunami, bush fire, etc.) and not the type of underlying
communication protocol.

However, for CAP RSS feeds a unified symbol is a very good idea. The RSS
icon is well-known, therefore I propse to create a CAP feed icon which
is similar an which re-uses elements of the RSS icon.

Please find attached two drafts just to give an impression.

Whichever icon will be selected, it must be scalable to 32x32 pixel
without getting illegible.

Regards,
Matthias

--
[matthias.lendholt@gfz-potsdam.de]
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences

rss_logo_cap.png

rss_logo_cap_2.png