Subject: Invitation to attend NIEM Training Event & EI Networking Reception

On behalf of OASIS, I would like to personally invite you to attend the NIEM (inter) National Training Event, August  23-25 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  Below is a link to the NIEM Agenda for your information and consideration of attendance.

http://www.iir.com/registration/niemtraining/NIEM%20Agenda.pdf

The event includes 40 sessions across five programmatic and technical tracks over 2.5 days, a Best of NIEM awards luncheon, as well as a final town hall plenary with a great selection of VIPs.  In addition to homeland security, justice, and health, the agenda is packed full with stories and successes.  The expert team of Scott McGrath, Elysa Jones, Donald McGarry, and James Cabral will be here spotlighting OASIS’s Emergency Management, Border Patrol, and First Responder Integration efforts on the afternoon of Wednesday Aug 23rd (3:00-4:10).

This year, NIEM is expecting full participation from their partners in Canada and Mexico.  There will also be a NASCIO sponsored panel focused on state and local issues.

Our Emergency Interoperability (EI) Member Section is planning to host a two-hour reception on Wednesday, 24 August, following the above mentioned OASIS spotlight session. The reception is free of charge and is scheduled to be held from 4:00-6:00 PM in Salon J (at the Philadelphia Marriott).  During this reception, OASIS members are invited to participate in a solution showcase.  This showcase will be integrated into the reception and will provide our members with an opportunity to demonstrate their use of the EM standards. Any companies interested in participating in the showcase should contact me directly.

I am looking forward to seeing you in Philly!

Very Respectfully,

 Jane Harnad