Subject: Re: Oracle NIEM Video Kerfuffle

Hi David,

Work on HAVE 2.0 is underway, but in hiatus until after SitReps 1.0 and DE 2.0 have been worked through to Public Review, currently held up in overtaxed TC Admin. I'm copying the TC list with this reply in order to pass your reply along to those who have been concerned.

On 8/2/11 8:44 PM, David RR Webber (XML) wrote:
Rex,

It's purely illustrative - for demonstration purposes - hypothetical - assuming someone wanted to add additional Aircraft information using NIEM dictionary components - this could be how to do it.

Obviously there are many improvements that could be made to HAVE to make it more flexible, more aligned to NIEM, lessons learned from Haiti, and the list goes on.

My membership of HAVE at OASIS is still caught up in Oracle bureaucracy - so its going to be several weeks more before I can rejoin the list and comment.

I suggest people just relax until then.

BTW - is there new work on HAVE in progress?  I cannot "see" anything right now - as I'm not on the TC list.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Oracle NIEM Video Kerfuffle
From: Rex Brooks <rex.brooks@ncoic.org>
Date: Tue, August 02, 2011 12:33 pm
To: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>

Hi David,

I don't know if you are associated with the video on the oracle.com
site: http://launch.oracle.com/?NIEM but it is causing a problem with
the EM TC because the end product breaks the EDXL-HAVE specification,
and while I am not the person to speak with, I said I would borach the
topic with you. I'm not working on HAVE so I haven't followed this, but
it should be dealt with through OASIS and NIEM. The TC is moving to do
this, so at least now you know.