Subject: Request for how you do future approvals of working drafts

Hi Elysa, Werner & TC members,

We QA'ed your request to create a Committee Specification Draft for
Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) Customer Information Quality
(CIQ) Profile Version 1.0 (ticket at
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-641). Paul concluded
that the zip file submitted in the ticket corresponds to the one that
you described in the minutes so we will move forward on it. However it
took him additional work and time to verify the file and technically
the motion wasn't in line with TC Process requirements. All motions to
approve drafts should include the exact URI of the exact zip file
being voted on and submitted to TC Admin so that there can be no
question that what was approved is what ended up loaded into the OASIS
Library.

Going forward, could you use motion language like this for your approvals:

"Werner motioned to approve EDXL Customer Information Quality (CIQ)
Profile Version 1.0 WD03 (located at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-rim/download.php/43037/edxl-ciq-v1.0-wd03.zip
) as Committee Specification Draft 02. Rex seconded. All voted in
favor"

It would help eliminate any subsequent questions or problems when you
submit it to us if you handle it this way. The key thing from our
perspective is that you include the same URL in the motion and vote
that you submit in the request so that the audit trail is
unimpeachable.

Thanks & we'll let you know when work gets started on the CSD.

Best regards,

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org