Subject: Groups - DRAFT-05-08-12-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1-1.odt uploaded

Submitter's message
Please review these minutes from the May 8th, 2012 meeting of the Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee for approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks.
-- Jeff Waters
Document Name: DRAFT-05-08-12-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1-1.odt

Description
At the May 8th, 2012 meeting of the Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee,
the members discussed the following topics:

1. TOPIC: Are we ready to do our final review of our specification and
schema for approval to advance to the TC at our meeting next week?
(Answer: Yes. All issues have been closed, schema changes made, and
initial reviews completed. Gary reported his success in creating a model
from the schema as part of his review. Today, Martena will make final edits
and appropriately rename the specification to be Working Draft 06, then
Jeff will accept all changes, package into the zip and upload for
everyone's final review this week and approval at next week's meeting,
subject to any specified changes. )

2. TOPIC: Are there any remaining ancillary issues? (Answer: Yes. Two
issues: (1) The SitRep specification is very nice and goes into some detail
about how to use SitRep with the DE. The problem is that it refers and
gives examples using the old DE 1.0. This is understandable, since we don't
want to slow down the SitRep team waiting for DE 2.0; however, it's an
issue that will create confusion and raise questions once both specs are
out. (2) The Xlink double import problem remains until the other related
EDXL standards, for example CIQ Profile, GSF Profile, and HAVE, are updated
to use the official W3C Xlink schema.)
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Jeff Waters