Subject: RE: [emergency] Opportunities to spread the EDXL word - ISCRAM 2013

Elysa,

I am willing to review papers.

Patti

Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
Senior Scientist, Research & Development
IEM

8550 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 501
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 526-8844

From: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:emergency@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Elysa Jones
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:28 AM
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: emergency-adopt@lists.oasis-open.org

Friends,

There is an opportunity in the coming year where standards and interoperability for emergency response will be highlighted, the ISCRAM 2013.  Details on the 10th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management to be held in Baden-Baden Germany May 12-15  can be found at see http://iscram2013.org/.

During ISCRAM 2011 in Spain, our TC has supplied a poster but was unable for anyone to attend to support its presentation.  In 2012, Jack Pagotto of Canada Center for Security Science spoke on MASAS and we had several members of the TC attend from Canada, the US as well as our colleagues from GFZ in Potsdam, Germany.  Martin Hammitzsch of GFZ was inspired by the fruitful talks and common attitude to open standards and interoperability.  To that end, he was able to secure a session for the 2013 conference to address this topic that is near to us all.  I’ve been invited to convene a track  in this session representing open standards along with Sophia Liu of USGS representing social media and Sara Farmer representing the Standby Task Force and volunteer communities.  We are still hopeful of a UNOCHA track also representing humanitarian actors but that chair has not been defined.

How you can get involved:

Paper reviewer:  We need 4 reviewers that will read the paper submittals to the other three tracks in our session to determine which will be accepted for presentation.

Paper or poster presentation:  The call for papers can be found at http://www.iscramlive.org/portal/sites/default/files/ISCRAM_CfP.pdf with all the details you might want for papers and posters.  Deadlines are coming up quick, links to prior events and other details can be found at http://www.iscramlive.org/portal/iscram-2013-cfp.

Please respond if you are willing to be a reviewer or if you are considering providing a paper or poster contribution.  I’ll be glad to help out in any way.  This is an excellent opportunity to highlight the good work done on the EDXL standards and learn more about what is going on around the world in this important discipline.

Kind regards,

Elysa Jones, Chair

OASIS EM-TC