Subject: FW: EGU 2013 Session on Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) for Geoinformatics and Geosciences

Friends,

As of now, our TC does not plan to have representation at the EGU as we did last year.  Instead, we will be focusing on the ISCRAM where we will have a track and additional visibility.  However, if you are interested in the sciences and have the bandwidth this is another opportunity to speak/present on open standards in Europe in April.  These two are actually separated by only a weekend and just a few hundred miles apart, so attending both might be of interest.

Cheers,

Elysa

From: Peter Löwe [mailto:ploewe@gfz-potsdam.de]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:33 AM
To: Verborgene_Empfaenger:

Dear Colleagues,
we would like to invite you to submit an abstract to our session at EGU 2013 (Vienna, 07 – 12 April 2013)

ESSI2.7 - Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) for Geoinformatics and Geosciences

You can follow this link to the online abstract submission homepage:

http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2013/abstractsubmission/12088

Important deadlines:

- For young scientists: Applications for travel support (and also the abstracts) must be submitted until Friday, 30 November 2012.
- The regular deadline for receipt of abstracts is on Wednesday, 09 January 2013

If you have any questions regarding this session, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards
Peter Löwe, Jens Klump, Alessandro Frigeri and Margherita di Leo

Session abstract

ESSI2.7 - Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) for Geoinformatics and Geosciences

Conveners: Peter Löwe, Jens Klump, Alessandro Frigeri and Margherita Di Leo

This session focuses on the growing role of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) with a special emphasis on the interoperability among existing and future FOSS-tools within Geoinformatics. The session will be a forum for both the latest advances in FOSS-empowered research and also successful applications of existing FOSS tools for geoscientific tasks.

--
Dr. Peter Löwe