Subject: Request for advice regarding OASIS preferred approach to revising CAP-AU Profile [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

UNCLASSIFIED
OASIS EM-TC,

It is almost 11 months now since the Australian CAP Profile “Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) v1.2 Australia (AU) Profile Version 1.0” was approved on 26 April 2012 as an OASIS Committee Specification.

I wish to ascertain what changes the OASIS EM-TC would recommend that Australia considers in the next version of the “Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) v1.2 Australia (AU) Profile” (current version at http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-cap1.2-au/v1.0/cs01/edxl-cap1.2-au-v1.0-cs01.doc ).

Background:
I am a current Associate member of OASIS sponsored by my organisation and have been following various OASIS sub committee activities regarding the following issues that I suspect could influence future content in the CAP-AU Profile:
• CAP best practices,
• CAP 2.0,
• ISO TC223 Tactical Situation Object,
• the use of "Unknown" for Urgency, Severity and Certainty,
• Layers and Extensions
• revised EDXL-DE committee specification

My current role as the Australian Government Custodian for the Australian CAP Profile requires me to manage the revision process for the Australian CAP Profile.  I facilitate access to the Australian CAP Stakeholders Group, who are commencing work to determine what changes need to be considered for a future revision of the Australian CAP Profile.

Regards,

Greg Trott

CAP-AU Custodian for the Australian Government standard for Common Alerting Protocol
Australian Government Attorney-General's Department
Email: CAPAU.Custodian@ag.gov.au

Download the CAP-AU-STD from www.em.gov.au/CapAuStd

If you have received this transmission in error please
notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete all
copies. If this e-mail or any attachments have been sent
to you in error, that error does not constitute waiver
of any confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect
of information in the e-mail or attachments.