Subject: OGC / NIEM at TC call 1/14/2014

Title: OGC / NIEM at TC call 1/14/2014

Folks,

This is a reminder that Lew Leinenweber, Director of Interoperability Programs with the OGC will join our upcoming EM-TC call this Tuesday the 14th I sent him a reminder which he has confirmed.  I’d also like to offer a suggestion as to our approach to that call.

After re-stating our purpose and interest in Lews visit, I expect the TC would like him to begin with an initial overview of how the OGC has worked with NIEM both from a governance and technical perspective, what they accomplished, and an assessment of their experience working together Then open it up for member questions

I know we already have ideas about how we’d like to work with NIEM 3.0, but given Lews knowledge of and participation with OASIS in the past, perhaps wrap up with input about opportunities where the EM-TC and NIEM 3.0 might do the same.

Alternatively, we could submit concise questions to Elysa and have her facilitate the discussion if desired.

Thanks,
    Tim

Timothy Grapes

703.304.4829