Subject: Re: [emergency] OGC / NIEM at TC call 1/14/2014

Title: OGC / NIEM at TC call 1/14/2014
Happy New Year EM-TC members,

Thank you Tim for sending out the reminder and also for arranging to have Lew present.  I encourage everyone to join.  As discussed in December, NIEM has successfully embraced the OGC Standards and Lew will be reporting on that work.  We thought perhaps this would pave the way for our EM-TC standards.

I will also provide an update on the Standards Coordinating Council meeting that I was invited to attend.  Coordination between NIEM and the EM domain will be one of the priorities for the coming year.  I will describe the I2F (ISE {Information Sharing Environment} Interoperability Framework) and our opportunity to comment.

I am encouraged about our year ahead and the opportunities for interoperability.  Start you year right my joining the EM-TC call on Tuesday, Jan 14 12 noon ET.

Warm regards,

Elysa Jones, Chair
OASIS EM-TC