Subject: EM-TC upcoming conferences

EM-TC members,

As a follow up to our meeting this week, I am showing the upcoming conferences and/or workshops that our members have indicated an interest in attending.  The Member Section Steering has some funds to help with expenses.  If you have an interest in attending one of these to promote the EM-TC EDXL and CAP work but are not able due to travel budget, please post your response to this list or get in touch with me.  Comments on ways we can spread the word about our work are welcomed.  Additionally, if there are other conferences the second half of the year not mentioned here where we should consider a presence please reply.

1.       HL7 Working Group Meeting Phoenix, May 4-9, 2014 http://www.hl7.org/events/wgm052014/  (Patti Aymond of IEM expressed an interest in this one during the 4/23 meeting.  May have travel support)

2.       ISCRAM US State College, PA May 18-21; Program http://iscram2014.ist.psu.edu/sites/default/files/misc/ISCRAM-Program-2014.pdf

3.       WCDM June 15-18, 2014 http://www.wcdm.org/toronto-registration-information.html# Doug Allport suggested maybe someone from Canada would be able to attend.  However, upon further review he followed up that perhaps the Communications Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG) Nov 30-Dec 2 in Ottawa might be a better event.

4.       CAP Workshop and code fest will be held during the same week and alongside ISCRAM Asia in Sri Lanka - June 16-18, 2014  Details can be found at http://wis.wmo.int/file=777 Elysa Jones will be attending.

5.       Object Management Group (OMG) http://www.omg.org/news/meetings/tc/ma-14/info.htm  Boston, MA June 16-20.  Patti Aymond expressed an interest.

6.       IAEM Annual meeting. San Antonio, TX   Nov. 14-19, 2014.

Thank you,

Elysa Jones, Chair OASIS

Emergency Management Technical Committee

Emergency Interoperability Member Section