Subject: RE: My chair positions on OASIS

Hi Tony,

Thank you for all your good work on TEC and the CAP-SC.  I’m sorry to hear that you will no longer be able to dedicate chair/co-chair time to focus on this important work.  What you have done has been extremely helpful and I hope you will be able to continue OASIS involvement as your time permits.

You have managed a tough job on TEC with little to no help.  It was great meeting the folks in Sri Lanka at Sahana Software Foundations.  Dominic, copied here is an OASIS member and may be able to take up the tracking piece.  I’ve also copied Azamanyan from Google who attended the CAP workshop and the Code-fest at Sahana.  Maybe we can get some of those Google Students engaged in this work.

It would be great if you could reach out to Dominic to share with him what you have done to date on TEC and what is next with the tracking piece.  He has not been active in our OASIS process yet and you may be able to give him some pointers.  It isn’t always easy to jump in.  Jeff Waters is also in touch with him to give him some guidance on the work on the RIM in which Sahana has interest.

As for CAP, thank you so much for your kind understanding of our process and my desire to fully engage CAP stakeholders around the world in our consideration for a next version.  I’m sure it has taken much longer than you or Google thought it would to get to this point.  However, with your patience and good work getting the issues properly loaded into JIRA we are ready to move the process along.  I hope you can continue in your involvement in some form.  You were a big part of herding the cats and I appreciate your work very much.  Your work on the best practices document for adoption have also been a tribute to your work with OASIS.

On behalf of the EM-TC, please accept our thanks.

Kind regards,

Elysa Jones, Chair OASIS

Emergency Management Technical Committee

Emergency Interoperability Member Section